Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Pax Christi

I don't know how many of you know about Pax Christi but it is a anti-violence group on campus and we were affiliated with campus ministry. The name means the peace of Christ. I am not supper spiritual but I found a home in this group when I first transfered to SLU. Well, at the beginning of the semester we were informed by campus ministry that we were no longer a part of their covering and we would have to find a new department to sponsor us or go out on our own as a chartered student organization. I had no personal connection to campus ministry other than i felt the group was strongly tied to what I saw as Christian/ catholic values. It is really dis hearting that it seems like there is no outlet for students who want to live a peaceful passivist lifestyle. That avenue has been taken away from us on campus. I am pretty upset about all of this and it is discouraging to see that campus ministry doesn't take the idea of peace and non-violence seriously.

No comments: